A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Looking for Some Brownie Points with your Boss?
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
How about initiating a discussion about the often-overlooked benefit that Medicare education and transition might bring to your company’s health expense bottom line.
Consider adding a Medicare Transition Team as your personal single-source resource.
From education to enrollment you can get the guidance you need to make transitioning simple and compliant.
Below we have provided a quick checklist of the services your transition team should provide to support this opportunity successfully:
Provide a comparison between Medicare vs. current group plan offerings
- Your team should provide you with a comprehensive guide listing all the Medicare plans, supplements, Advantage, and drug plans offered in your area. Not just a select few or only the major insurance companies.
- Ease in navigating the plan choices and Certified Medicare Planners™ available for guidance.
Provide educational materials to simplify Medicare for you & your employees
- Do they have books available like this? [MedicareMade123Easy]
Offer educational opportunities for live or virtual Medicare-approved workshops that are SHRM accredited, Medicare-approved, and ERISA compliant
- Full Medicare transition support including:
- Representation of all the Supplement and Advantage plans in the market creating carrier-agnostic support
- Plan comparisons which retain current doctors, lifestyle, health and cost needs to guide as a Medicare fiduciary
- Representation of all the drug plans available to find cost savings with a non-bias review
Guidance for early exit/retirement planning discussions or before employment termination so Medicare-eligible employees avoid healthcare enrollment risk with the right plan bridging
- Provide personal and ongoing member support after transition/ enrollment for:
- Annual doctor and drug cost re-evaluation before each Annual Enrollment Period done for them. Are searches proactively initiated for a member to maintain plans that are right for them every year?
Maintain Medicare compliance and certification standards for all available carriers (not a select few) every year.
- Specialize in Medicare planning exclusively.
- Do they charge for services? Agents should never charge for these levels of service. No charges should ever be incurred for education, enrollment, or ongoing support, and access for reviews as necessary or requested.
We know of a team with all of those qualifications that we have been working with… (wink, wink).
Check them out here ClickTMA.com
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Medicare wants to help you stay healthy so there are some options for covering nutrition, fitness, and weight management programs.
Here is a perfect example of why HR folks refer employees to us for helping employees discuss retirement and healthcare benefit options with Medicare experts.
You might have a loved one on Medicare with a caregiver. Here are some ideas for helping caregivers find time to focus on their own health and well-being during the busy holidays
When your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is at a certain level you may need to pay a surcharge on your Medicare premium called your IRMAA adjustment. Learn Abour IRMA and MAGI here.
A special needs plan (SNP) is a Medicare Advantage (MA) coordinated care plan (CCP) designed to provide targeted care and limit enrollment to special needs individuals.
Afraid you missed your enrollment period? Partner with a team of experts to help.
The good, bad and ugly about Medicare plan ANOCs. Your plan annual notice of change reminds you to review your plan for potential changes impacting your coverage.
You don’t need to match your spouse’s plan when picking a Medicare plan. You can pick a plan based on your specific needs.
Medicare Annual Election Period is near; Medicare advertising is increasing. Consult experts so the changes you make are appropriate for YOU- not based on when advertising says you need.
Medicare changes every year. Doctors can leave networks. Avoid surprises with a complementary review of your Medicare during AEP. Enjoy this success story where we solved a client’s dilemma when he lost his doctor without warning.