A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Looking for Some Brownie Points with your Boss?
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
How about initiating a discussion about the often-overlooked benefit that Medicare education and transition might bring to your company’s health expense bottom line.
Consider adding a Medicare Transition Team as your personal single-source resource.
From education to enrollment you can get the guidance you need to make transitioning simple and compliant.
Below we have provided a quick checklist of the services your transition team should provide to support this opportunity successfully:
Provide a comparison between Medicare vs. current group plan offerings
- Your team should provide you with a comprehensive guide listing all the Medicare plans, supplements, Advantage, and drug plans offered in your area. Not just a select few or only the major insurance companies.
- Ease in navigating the plan choices and Certified Medicare Planners™ available for guidance.
Provide educational materials to simplify Medicare for you & your employees
- Do they have books available like this? [MedicareMade123Easy]
Offer educational opportunities for live or virtual Medicare-approved workshops that are SHRM accredited, Medicare-approved, and ERISA compliant
- Full Medicare transition support including:
- Representation of all the Supplement and Advantage plans in the market creating carrier-agnostic support
- Plan comparisons which retain current doctors, lifestyle, health and cost needs to guide as a Medicare fiduciary
- Representation of all the drug plans available to find cost savings with a non-bias review
Guidance for early exit/retirement planning discussions or before employment termination so Medicare-eligible employees avoid healthcare enrollment risk with the right plan bridging
- Provide personal and ongoing member support after transition/ enrollment for:
- Annual doctor and drug cost re-evaluation before each Annual Enrollment Period done for them. Are searches proactively initiated for a member to maintain plans that are right for them every year?
Maintain Medicare compliance and certification standards for all available carriers (not a select few) every year.
- Specialize in Medicare planning exclusively.
- Do they charge for services? Agents should never charge for these levels of service. No charges should ever be incurred for education, enrollment, or ongoing support, and access for reviews as necessary or requested.
We know of a team with all of those qualifications that we have been working with… (wink, wink).
Check them out here ClickTMA.com
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
We provide expert resources all in one spot to help your employees transition confidently as your dedicated Medicare Transition Team.
We provide a balanced plate of Medicare experts to help lighten your benefit load.
Thank you for trusting us to provide Medicare guidance to your employees.
Medicare will cover your flu shot, so take steps to ensure your are protected from the flue over the holidays.
Want to stop your Medicare and go back to work and employer benefits? Here is how to do it.
Interview Series- Spotlight – Meet Certified Medicare Planner® Kyle Jacobs during an Advisor Spotlight interview from the talk show 65 and Counting.
MAGI and IRMAA are two important terms you need to get to know when calculating costs for Medicare Parts B and D.
The holidays can be particularly hard on seniors who need social interaction and often feel isolated more during the pandemic.
Choosing a Medicare plan should be based on an individual’s needs, not the suggestion of a neighbor, family member, or friend.
We continue to stress why adding Medicare planning to any exit planning package is so essential. Here is another example of why partnering with experts leads to smoother transitions.