A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Looking for Some Brownie Points with your Boss?
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
How about initiating a discussion about the often-overlooked benefit that Medicare education and transition might bring to your company’s health expense bottom line.
Consider adding a Medicare Transition Team as your personal single-source resource.
From education to enrollment you can get the guidance you need to make transitioning simple and compliant.
Below we have provided a quick checklist of the services your transition team should provide to support this opportunity successfully:
Provide a comparison between Medicare vs. current group plan offerings
- Your team should provide you with a comprehensive guide listing all the Medicare plans, supplements, Advantage, and drug plans offered in your area. Not just a select few or only the major insurance companies.
- Ease in navigating the plan choices and Certified Medicare Planners™ available for guidance.
Provide educational materials to simplify Medicare for you & your employees
- Do they have books available like this? [MedicareMade123Easy]
Offer educational opportunities for live or virtual Medicare-approved workshops that are SHRM accredited, Medicare-approved, and ERISA compliant
- Full Medicare transition support including:
- Representation of all the Supplement and Advantage plans in the market creating carrier-agnostic support
- Plan comparisons which retain current doctors, lifestyle, health and cost needs to guide as a Medicare fiduciary
- Representation of all the drug plans available to find cost savings with a non-bias review
Guidance for early exit/retirement planning discussions or before employment termination so Medicare-eligible employees avoid healthcare enrollment risk with the right plan bridging
- Provide personal and ongoing member support after transition/ enrollment for:
- Annual doctor and drug cost re-evaluation before each Annual Enrollment Period done for them. Are searches proactively initiated for a member to maintain plans that are right for them every year?
Maintain Medicare compliance and certification standards for all available carriers (not a select few) every year.
- Specialize in Medicare planning exclusively.
- Do they charge for services? Agents should never charge for these levels of service. No charges should ever be incurred for education, enrollment, or ongoing support, and access for reviews as necessary or requested.
We know of a team with all of those qualifications that we have been working with… (wink, wink).
Check them out here ClickTMA.com
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Don’t adjust your dial! Our Medicare help for businesses is now more accessible than ever. Stay tuned to your favorite social media sites for links to enjoy helpful topics for guiding employees with their options regarding Medicare. When folks turn 65, they have more healthcare choices. We are here to help!
Medicare Stew – A series simply explaining the main ingredients of Medicare to help your employees. Read about Medicare Supplements (Medigap) Plans.
Medicare Stew – A series simply explaining the main ingredients of Medicare to help your employees. Read what Medicare Advantage Plans are.
Medicare Stew – A short series simply explaining the main ingredients of Medicare to help your employees. Read about Medicare Part D.
Medicare Stew – A short series simply explaining the main ingredients of Medicare to help your employees. Read what Original Medicare is.
Ready to reduce your workload in 2022? Add a team of Medicare experts and education to your benefits team. We make Medicare@Work 123easy!
You are on a vacation with your family in another state. How does your Medicare Advantage plan work in an emergency?
Thank you from The Medicare Architects for trusting us with helping your employees transition stress-free from their group plan to Medicare.
If your employees enroll in Medicare while still working neither they or their employer can continue to contribute to their HSA.
Turning 65 in 2022? Here are are some thing to consider if you will keep working past your birthday and want to keep your employer plan.