A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Looking for Some Brownie Points with your Boss?
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
How about initiating a discussion about the often-overlooked benefit that Medicare education and transition might bring to your company’s health expense bottom line.
Consider adding a Medicare Transition Team as your personal single-source resource.
From education to enrollment you can get the guidance you need to make transitioning simple and compliant.
Below we have provided a quick checklist of the services your transition team should provide to support this opportunity successfully:
Provide a comparison between Medicare vs. current group plan offerings
- Your team should provide you with a comprehensive guide listing all the Medicare plans, supplements, Advantage, and drug plans offered in your area. Not just a select few or only the major insurance companies.
- Ease in navigating the plan choices and Certified Medicare Planners™ available for guidance.
Provide educational materials to simplify Medicare for you & your employees
- Do they have books available like this? [MedicareMade123Easy]
Offer educational opportunities for live or virtual Medicare-approved workshops that are SHRM accredited, Medicare-approved, and ERISA compliant
- Full Medicare transition support including:
- Representation of all the Supplement and Advantage plans in the market creating carrier-agnostic support
- Plan comparisons which retain current doctors, lifestyle, health and cost needs to guide as a Medicare fiduciary
- Representation of all the drug plans available to find cost savings with a non-bias review
Guidance for early exit/retirement planning discussions or before employment termination so Medicare-eligible employees avoid healthcare enrollment risk with the right plan bridging
- Provide personal and ongoing member support after transition/ enrollment for:
- Annual doctor and drug cost re-evaluation before each Annual Enrollment Period done for them. Are searches proactively initiated for a member to maintain plans that are right for them every year?
Maintain Medicare compliance and certification standards for all available carriers (not a select few) every year.
- Specialize in Medicare planning exclusively.
- Do they charge for services? Agents should never charge for these levels of service. No charges should ever be incurred for education, enrollment, or ongoing support, and access for reviews as necessary or requested.
We know of a team with all of those qualifications that we have been working with… (wink, wink).
Check them out here ClickTMA.com
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Here are some hints and tips for folks helping their parents, family, or friends with making Medicare decisions.
The partnership that comes with a Medicare Planning Team help employees make confident decisions about transitioning to Medicare.
Is there a solution if you are short Medicare work credits and don’t want to pay a Medicare Part A premium?
When it comes to Medicare, you can avoid the comedy sketch of confusion by having a trusted team of Medicare transition experts to help guide your employees to a homerun with accurate answers in having both Medicare and group insurance.
Emma was lucky her employer partnered with Medicare experts to guide her so she could make confident decisions about when to enroll.
Surprise remote employees with dedicated Medicare transition support so they don’t have to navigate Medicare transition on their own.
When your employees have a preparation plan for transitioning to Medicare, the journey is more palatable and employees feel more confident.
Do you need to buy travel insurance when you have a Medicare plan and want to travel in the US and overseas?
Medicare options are as varied as the choices in a box of chocolates! How will your decision impact your spouse’s coverage?
With experts and Medicare guidance ingredients, your employees can make a successful and stress-free transition to Medicare.