A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Looking for Some Brownie Points with your Boss?
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
How about initiating a discussion about the often-overlooked benefit that Medicare education and transition might bring to your company’s health expense bottom line.
Consider adding a Medicare Transition Team as your personal single-source resource.
From education to enrollment you can get the guidance you need to make transitioning simple and compliant.
Below we have provided a quick checklist of the services your transition team should provide to support this opportunity successfully:
Provide a comparison between Medicare vs. current group plan offerings
- Your team should provide you with a comprehensive guide listing all the Medicare plans, supplements, Advantage, and drug plans offered in your area. Not just a select few or only the major insurance companies.
- Ease in navigating the plan choices and Certified Medicare Planners™ available for guidance.
Provide educational materials to simplify Medicare for you & your employees
- Do they have books available like this? [MedicareMade123Easy]
Offer educational opportunities for live or virtual Medicare-approved workshops that are SHRM accredited, Medicare-approved, and ERISA compliant
- Full Medicare transition support including:
- Representation of all the Supplement and Advantage plans in the market creating carrier-agnostic support
- Plan comparisons which retain current doctors, lifestyle, health and cost needs to guide as a Medicare fiduciary
- Representation of all the drug plans available to find cost savings with a non-bias review
Guidance for early exit/retirement planning discussions or before employment termination so Medicare-eligible employees avoid healthcare enrollment risk with the right plan bridging
- Provide personal and ongoing member support after transition/ enrollment for:
- Annual doctor and drug cost re-evaluation before each Annual Enrollment Period done for them. Are searches proactively initiated for a member to maintain plans that are right for them every year?
Maintain Medicare compliance and certification standards for all available carriers (not a select few) every year.
- Specialize in Medicare planning exclusively.
- Do they charge for services? Agents should never charge for these levels of service. No charges should ever be incurred for education, enrollment, or ongoing support, and access for reviews as necessary or requested.
We know of a team with all of those qualifications that we have been working with… (wink, wink).
Check them out here ClickTMA.com
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Should I Stay on My Group Plan or Go to Medicare While Working
Here are some options for dental coverage when you are enrolled in Medicare.
When is a Medicare Supplement right for you? Enjoy this Educational Series from the 65 and Counting Talk Show where our host explains medicare Supplements.
Interview Series- Spotlight Interview – Meet Tammy Semler a Sr Advisor and Certified Medicare Planner
Medicare covers most vaccines under plans B or D depending on your plan coverage.
When you turn 65 and enroll in Medicare the benefits can make you feel like a celebrity.
Educational Spotlight from the 65 and Counting talk show about Medicare Advantage plans. What they are, what they do ,and who benefits from enrolling in them.
Interview with the Relationship Manager for a team that is dedicated to helping employers and HR professionals with everything Medicare.
When employees consider deferring Medicare, make sure you consider these caveats when guiding them.
Medicare turns 55 on July 30, 2020 and we have plenty to celebrate! Enjoy this quick video that talks about how Medicare started and a brief explaination of the parts of Medicare