A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Empowerment – Adding to Your Superpowers
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
Solution #3 Empowerment – Adding to your Superpowers
- When you have to spend time searching for resources or answers, it takes time away from other important tasks in your role. No one likes time-stealers!
- When you have the tools you need to accomplish something, you are empowered with confidence and control to achieve a task or complete a goal. Ahh..stress-relievers!
We know that you wear so many hats as a Human Resources professional. Many different people come to you for help in an organization. It is like you have to have superpowers of skills to facilitate all your responsibilities! That’s why having the right tools to help is critical to what you do.
Let’s talk for a moment about your role with employees inquiring about anything Medicare.
How do you handle basic Medicare questions from your employees now? Does the company just refer them to the Medicare.gov site for answers? How can we support you to help? How can we help you make the transition to Medicare easy for your employees?
Your employees go to you first because they trust you for guidance even when preparing to transition off a group plan. We want to be the ready resource you need to compliantly support your employees when Medicare comes up.
Employees are asking for help, and we can empower you with simple solutions!
Solution #3 Empowerment
Let us empower you with the tools you need when Medicare questions come up.
What level of support do you need?
Level 1: Guidance Support – You want to learn Medicare basics to directly support your employees.
- Our Medicare education workshops are designed to provide the basics about Medicare. So when questions come up from your employees, you will feel more confident providing them with guidance on where to begin. OR
- Tap us in as your expert resource for Medicare questions that come up from your employees. Contact us for guidance; stop searching the internet for answers.
Level 2: Full Medicare Support – Your Medicare Transition Team – Let us provide personalized transition support to your employees.
- Send that Medicare plate over to us! Suppose you prefer to refer your employees to Medicare experts. In that case, we will be your partner to help educate and transition your employees when they are ready to retire or to help them prepare for Medicare before they need it. Personalized guidance is what our clients express they want while still working. We can provide that for your employees.
WORKSHOPS TO HELP YOU EARN Recertification Credits
Add to your superpowers of skills by attending a 123easy Medicare Education workshop and earn one Professional Development Credit.
You can learn Medicare basics free by attending a free SHRM accredited online workshop!
Our Certified Medicare Planners™ will share what other successful companies and municipalities have already learned at our workshops about Medicare. When your employees attend a workshop, they make fact-based decisions about selecting Medicare if it makes sense for them while working or when preparing to retire.
Have some downtime to join us for an hour?
We make it 123easy to learn and earn a PDC online.
- Learn 123easy Medicare Basics
- Eligibility and Enrollment processes
- Coverage basics and Medicare freebies
- How COBRA affects Medicare Part B
- What Medicare Part A does to your HSA
- Helpful tools for comparing group plan costs to Medicare
- Value of a relationship with Certified Medicare Planners™ for trusted transition guidance
You will get a free Medicare Resource Guide filled with Medicare Basics to help your employees with Medicare questions.
Check out the dates available to register for the SHRM professional development course online here:
We’re helping to make Medicare at Work … 123easy.
Let us help empower you with Medicare guidance for your employees in 2021.
By adding dedicated Medicare resources you are adding unrealized total rewards and providing more choices for your employees. Create a compliant Medicare benefit support plan. Give your employees personal guidance from a team of experts that will follow them after they retire.
You can receive helpful Medicare resources, and tips and tricks to build your Medicare transition strategy just by signing up to receive a blog article a week delivered to your email. ( We promise only one per week and you can opt-out at any time)
Plus get early notifications of any NEW helpful resources and Medicare news! SIGN UP BELOW!
Your Medicare Transition Partner
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Medicare wants to help you stay healthy so there are some options for covering nutrition, fitness, and weight management programs.
Here is a perfect example of why HR folks refer employees to us for helping employees discuss retirement and healthcare benefit options with Medicare experts.
You might have a loved one on Medicare with a caregiver. Here are some ideas for helping caregivers find time to focus on their own health and well-being during the busy holidays
When your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is at a certain level you may need to pay a surcharge on your Medicare premium called your IRMAA adjustment. Learn Abour IRMA and MAGI here.
A special needs plan (SNP) is a Medicare Advantage (MA) coordinated care plan (CCP) designed to provide targeted care and limit enrollment to special needs individuals.
Afraid you missed your enrollment period? Partner with a team of experts to help.
The good, bad and ugly about Medicare plan ANOCs. Your plan annual notice of change reminds you to review your plan for potential changes impacting your coverage.
You don’t need to match your spouse’s plan when picking a Medicare plan. You can pick a plan based on your specific needs.
Medicare Annual Election Period is near; Medicare advertising is increasing. Consult experts so the changes you make are appropriate for YOU- not based on when advertising says you need.
Medicare changes every year. Doctors can leave networks. Avoid surprises with a complementary review of your Medicare during AEP. Enjoy this success story where we solved a client’s dilemma when he lost his doctor without warning.