A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
Checklist – Creating A Smooth Transition
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
[20-52] Checklist –Smooth Transition Checklist
A Medicare Transition Preparation Checklist ✔️
Help your employees prepare for a Medicare Discussion.
✔️ HAVE YOU ATTENDED A FREE MEDICARE WORKSHOP?
- Learn the basics about Medicare by attending a free educational workshop like 123Easy Medicare.com
- Gain confidence about what Medicare is so you can make appropriate choices based on YOUR specific needs.
- No gimmicks, no sales pitches. Just what Medicare is and all the options.
✔️ ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE SOON?
- Compare your current employer group plan costs to Medicare by completing a Stay or Go Analysis via this link.
- Does your employer have under or over 20 employees?
- Is your employer’s plan creditable?
- Does it make sense to transition while still working based on your needs?
- Are you covering children or a spouse on your current employer plan?
✔️ RETIRING SOON?
- Do you have a specific retirement date in mind?
- Are you on a HDHP and contributing to an HSA?
- Have you obtained an employer verification form to show when your group plan terminates?
- Any chronic conditions or specialists you need for continuing care?
- What kind of benefit coverage will you need when you lose your employer plan?
✔️ TRANSITION STRESS-FREE!
- Schedule a complimentary meeting with a Certified Medicare Planner® (CMP) to help you plan a smooth Medicare transition:
- Create a list of your doctors, prescriptions, pharmacy locations, chronic condition needs.
- Save yourself the stress of comparing over 5000 Medicare plan combinations…CMP’s have proprietary tools to do it for you.
- Your CMP will review all the plans in your zip code and help you narrow them down to the plans with the benefits you desire.
If Medicare feels a bit confusing, we get it!
That’s why we are here – to help make Medicare@Work easier! An employee can find greater confidence about when to enroll in Medicare by consulting with a Medicare expert like a Certified Medicare Planner®… or whether they should wait and keep their employer group plan.
Every situation is different.
Medicare guidance for your employees in 2021.
Create a compliant Medicare benefit support plan. Give your employees personal guidance from a team of experts that will follow them after they retire.
You can receive helpful Medicare resources, and tips and tricks to build your Medicare transition strategy just by signing up to receive a blog article a week delivered to your email. ( We promise only one per week and you can opt-out at any time)
Plus get early notifications of any NEW helpful resources and Medicare news! SIGN UP BELOW!
Your Medicare Transition Partner
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Other Posts from Medicare@work
Medicare Stew – A short series simply explaining the main ingredients of Medicare to help your employees. Read what Original Medicare is.
Ready to reduce your workload in 2022? Add a team of Medicare experts and education to your benefits team. We make Medicare@Work 123easy!
You are on a vacation with your family in another state. How does your Medicare Advantage plan work in an emergency?
Thank you from The Medicare Architects for trusting us with helping your employees transition stress-free from their group plan to Medicare.
If your employees enroll in Medicare while still working neither they or their employer can continue to contribute to their HSA.
Turning 65 in 2022? Here are are some thing to consider if you will keep working past your birthday and want to keep your employer plan.
Medicare wants to help you stay healthy so there are some options for covering nutrition, fitness, and weight management programs.
Here is a perfect example of why HR folks refer employees to us for helping employees discuss retirement and healthcare benefit options with Medicare experts.
You might have a loved one on Medicare with a caregiver. Here are some ideas for helping caregivers find time to focus on their own health and well-being during the busy holidays
When your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is at a certain level you may need to pay a surcharge on your Medicare premium called your IRMAA adjustment. Learn Abour IRMA and MAGI here.