A blog about Medicare. What you and your employees need to know
10 Ways to Continue to Keep Your Employees Healthy
Author: Lora Drummond
Medicare Transition Specialist
We all know that keeping active and maintaining a healthy diet are still two of the best ways to outrun aging. Engaging in prevention wellness discussions with your doctor is also key to catching health issues early and addressing them.
Did you know that Medicare plans offer a variety of preventative services at no cost to compliment that path toward maintaining wellness? Even after transitioning from a group plan, preventative services covered by Medicare will continue keeping your employees on that wellness path they have become accustomed to.
Preventive services include certain exams, vaccines, lab tests, and screenings with no copay. Medicare also covers programs for health monitoring, and counseling or education resources to help keep wellness on track.
There are more preventative ways than the 10 listed below but these are some popular services that Medicare continues to cover at zero cost-share after leaving a group plan. The Medicare.gov site provides additional details on the recommended frequency of tests.
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
- Bone mass measurement, or bone density test
- Cardiovascular screenings like Blood tests for cholesterol, lipid, and triglyceride levels.
- Cervical and vaginal cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screenings like colonoscopy, fecal occult blood test, flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Hepatitis C screening tests
- Preventative diabetes screenings
- Prostate cancer screenings (PSA)
- Vaccines, including flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots
- Doctor office visits like: “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit (one-time), Annual Wellness Visits, Routine physical exam
With some Medicare plans you may even be eligible for non-Medicare extras like:
- a free gym membership
- dental discount programs
- vision insurance
- and even free transportation to and from medical appointments!
For guidance understanding what is covered and specific frequencies or eligibility requirements for preventative coverage, you can check Medicare.gov or speak with a Certified Medicare Planner™ at 1800-568-1095. Any Medicare representative should be able to research your inquiry easily.
By adding Medicare education to your benefits package you are adding unrealized total rewards and providing more choices for your employees. Having a Medicare transition team creates confidence in your ability to compliantly educate and transition eligible employees to Medicare while reducing costs for your employees and boosting your bottom line.
Ready to get started?
Check out our blog weekly for new resources, and helpful tips and tricks to build your Medicare transition strategy.
Your Medicare Transition Partner
Subscribe to Medicare@work
Brought to you from Scottsdale, AZ
Monday-Friday: 9am – 5pm
Meet your dedicated Medicare Transition team today!